Chamomile infusions are one of the most beneficial drinks, even though they are not literally consumed. German chamomile is probably the most popular and most researchers have conducted researches on this species to find that:
- Chamomile is a natural sleep aid with soothing properties. To sleep better or even to calm yourself after a hard day drink a cup of chamomile tea.
- It enhances our immune system and tames cold symptoms with its antibacterial properties.
- Your stomach can benefit from chamomile as well, being an efficient stomach ache reliever.
- Inflammations can be reduced with a chamomile tea compress.
- Menstrual and muscle cramps can disappear if you drink plenty of chamomile tea when you feel the symptoms.
- Should you have problems with hemorrhoids, chamomile ointment is helpful as well
- Wounds heal faster if you apply compresses with chamomile flowers to the open wound. Natural creams with chamomile are also available in any pharmacy, and they can be more effective, as they are concentrated and enhanced with other drugs or plants. However, if you find yourself in the wilderness, you must rely on raw nature power.
- People suffering from diabetes who drink chamomile tea daily can notice that they experience less complications because of the disease.
Even though chamomile has many benefits, you should be aware of the fact that if consumed during pregnancy it might increase the risk of having an abortion through uterine stimulation, so do not use chamomile tea if you are pregnant. People with allergies or conditions that affect their blood should avoid chamomile as well.