It’s no secret that vacations are healthy, from lower results in depression to overall higher life satisfaction. Everybody needs to take a break from the copy machine every now and then take a little R & R. Why not de-stress on your vacation with a yoga retreat vacation?
The yogis have spoken! From Trip Advisor to social networking sites, here is a quick compilation of what travelers across the globe consider the top yoga retreats:
- Sewall House Yoga Retreat: “Truly escape from life’s pressures” with daily yoga, meditation, surrounding nature and two nearby pristine lakes in the small New England town, which offers Kundalini Yoga, Restorative, Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa, Ashtanga Yoga practice, along with breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat: Experience a unique opportunity to develop positive, radiant health and inner peace at an island paradise with crystal clear water and pure white sands… a true sanctuary of peace and natural beauty. The energizing program of the ashram is based on Swami Vishnudevananda’s five points for holistic evolution of body, mind, and soul.
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Center: Located in the south of Koh Samui, right on the beach all the rooms have an ocean view, and just down the beach is the golden pagoda of a realized Buddhist monk, whose force drew the leaders to the special spot to perform both Centered Yoga and Samahita Wellness.
- Yoga Oasis Retreat Center: The traditional Hawaiian meaning of Aloha is:
“May the breath of God be in your presence.”
Come to the Big Island of Hawaii and breathe the freshest air in the world! Retreats include combined techniques of meditation, pranayama (deep breathing), qi gong, and chakra toning along with a daily physical hatha yoga practice. Nutrition and daily adventures are also mixed into the retreat for complete balance.
- Shoshoni Yoga Retreat: Near Boulder, Colorado, this retreat offers treat inspiring yoga classes, energizing Sanskrit chanting, peaceful meditation walks and delicious vegetarian meals. You can personalize your retreat by adding a yogic health therapy, individual meditation or ayurvedic consultation, or even a cooking class.
Go solo, go with a few close friends or even family members in need of a some de-stressing.
So, what are you waiting for? Dust off that yoga mat, grab some calming eucalyptus oil and start researching which yoga retreats are right for you.