- Tomato bruschetta. A perfect, fast, easy to make and chiefly delicious snack that anyone endowed with an oven can prepare. The measurements depend on how much you want to make and on your general preferences.
You need :
- tomatoes(cherry or normal ones, both dried and fresh),
- olive oil,
- salt, pepper (or any other condiments you feel like adding, as a matter of fact),
- a French baguette
- a bowl of mozzarella cheese.
Firstly, preheat the oven. Mix all the ingredients except the bread and the mozzarella and let it sit for 10 minutes in the fridge. Meanwhile, cut the baguette in 1 inch thick slices and let them in the oven until they turn mildly gold. After that, arrange the mixture on the bread and top it with a slice of mozzarella. Let them in the oven until the mozzarella melts.
2.Pesto tortellini soup. You need:
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tbs butter which you will mix together
Add to pan the torteillini and some vegetable broth, until the tortellini is done. Add frozen veggies and the pesto at the end. It’s fantastic and really easy to make!
3. Vegetarian fried rice. You will need:
- Salt to taste
- canola oil
- 3 large eggs along with 2 egg whites which you will beat together
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 can snow cabbage and bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 can braised wheat gluten drained and rinsed.
Scramble the egg mixture in a wok, but make sure it is still liquid when you add the rice, cabbage and bamboo shoots and the gluten. Stir-fry until it’s done. Is this easy or what?
4. Since comfort food is also needed, there you have it: pizza. You can use all the vegetables from your fridge. However, they should be freshly grilled. If you are courageous enough to make the dough, do it, but we recommend buying a pre-made one. Arrange the chopped vegetables on the pizza dough and place it on the grill for a few minutes. Add some cheese and wait for it to melt.
5.Vegetable and couscous stuffed peppers. Needless to say, you will need couscous and vegetables ( bell peppers – to be stuffed with garlic, celery, carrots, yellow squash) and some sea-salt to taste. Roast the couscous in olive oil until they look golden and add water to cover. Once it starts boiling, turn it to low heat and let it boil until no water is left. Mix with the chopped vegetables and stuff the peppers with the mixture. After that, bake them about 15 minutes in a 350 degrees preheated oven.