Usually, when we eat something sweet we feel the guilt afterwards. However, as far as honey is concerned, there are many other benefits besides its deliciousness. I bet you are wondering how can something that tastes divine be beneficial for our health as well. Here are some facts that might impress you:
- It is a prompt energy boost, thus preventing exhaustion during strenuous exercising. Therefore, honey is a healthy alternative to energizers.
- Honey boosts your immune system due to its anti-bacterial properties and the fact that it is high in antioxidants.
- Anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties are also contained in honey, so consuming it in conjunction with other anti-cancerous foods you might be out of the danger zone.
- It helps the recovery as far as mild ailments are concerned: from athlete’s foot to cuts and burns, honey cures them all with its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Added to honey or hot milk it acts as a sedative, therefore inducing a state of relaxation and sleepiness.
- Applied on the skin, it acts as a very efficient moisturizer since it attracts moisture so that the skin can benefit from it and stay hydrated.
- From honey we can get plenty of complex, healthy sugars and carbohydrates, vitamins, aminoacids and antioxidants as well as minerals.
The recommended amount of honey consumed daily depends on many factors concerning your lifestyle. For instance, one that does not usually consume sugar has a healthy diet and exercises regularly should eat or dissolve in various drinks no more than 150ml per day.