The fruit called date, also known as ‘the crown of sweets’ has uncountable nutritional value, thus it brings us many health benefits. They are a great source of fiber, potassium, sulphur, phosphorous, copper, magnesium and calcium, which are essential for our health. Can you believe that these can be contained in such a small, underrated fruit? It is said that one date daily and a glass of milk is enough in order to keep you healthy, due to them being so nutritious. Let’s see what else they can do for our health:
- Having a weak heart? Soak dates in water through the night and consume afterwards, twice a week. This will strengthen not only your heart, but your whole body.
- Are you too thin? Over-slimming can be a problem, and especially when nothing seems to work, dates might. Being high in vitamins, fats and proteins, they will meet the requirements of your body if consumed daily.
- Suffering from constipation? Dates have laxative properties as well. Leave them in water over the night and splurge the morning after (this way you will benefit from all their advantages) – a good, beneficial breakfast.
- Intestinal problems? The growth of friendly bacteria is stimulated by dates. Moreover, they are thought to be capable of curing any type of intestinal disorder, so the consumption of dates in encouraged in any situation.
- Looking for cancer-preventing foods? Dates are one of those. Being rich in antioxidants such as beta-carotene and lutein, they are capable of providing protection against breast, lung, prostate, colon and pancreatic cancer.
- Eye problems? A single date daily can prevent blindness.
- Tooth problems? Dates stop tooth decay with the help of the mineral fluoride it contains.