Originating in Southeast Asia, the fruit known as lime is the smallest fruit from the citrus family. Containing twice the juice a lemon does, it might actually have more health benefits as well, besides being one of the best preservatives, a great odor remover as far as onion and fish are concerned, plus a great ink remover. Vitamin B, C, protein, calcium, iron and phosphorus are just a few of the nutritionally valuable substances contained in a lime. What we can draw from this is its numerous health benefits:
- Obesity, a common problem nowadays, can be reduced with the help of the combination resulted from warm water, lime juice and honey first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.
- It has anti-viral properties, so drinking one part lime oil mixed with one part water can help you regain relief when fighting a disease, if you drink it regularly.
- Lime juice and honey, combined with warm water are a great remedy for mild colds and caugh.
- The vitamin C contained in lime as well as lemons and other fruits is a very important antioxidant, increasing the body’s capability to fight and prevent disease, by speeding up the healing process.
- It is considered to be very efficient in treating digestive disorders. Constipation, for instance, can be cured by drinking a glass of warm water combined with some lime juice, first thing after you wake up.
- Applied externally, on the skin, it can reduce body odor, cure dandruff and bruises and efficiently scrub the dead cells so that your skin regains softness.